Many are familiar with the concept of The Bucket List, the list of things you want to accomplish in your life before you “kick the bucket.” While I have a similar list, I also have the “other Bucket List.” The list of things that I want to eliminate or minimize in my life – now. I call it my “Fucket List.” It is an incredibly freeing thing to write. I encourage everyone to create one.
Tiffany’s Fucket List (because life is too short for):
- Hiding behind a mask.
- Giving until it hurts.
- Believing that I’m to blame.
- Believing that there is something inherently wrong with me (evil).
- Being in relationships where I cannot safely express myself.
- Being proper: I need (yes, mom, it’s a need) to cuss like a Sailor – I even like to make them blush.
- Wearing clothes that don’t fit, whether too big or too small.
- Wearing shoes that hurt me (well, unless it’s just for a short while and I feel more sexy in them).
- Worrying about things I cannot control.
- Driving within the lines/following all of the rules about “how things are supposed to be.”
- Settling for “less than” because I feel “unworthy” of more.
- Accepting blame, being a victim, being a doormat.
- Addictions that control me: food, spending, alcohol, approval, non-stop, over-thinking.
- Being silent or (worse) talking and still not being heard.
- Not being appreciated.
- Being marginalized.
- Marginalizing myself!
Ok. This is the start of putting it in black and white. I’m sure I’ll think of random things throughout the day!
I encourage you to start your own list. What are wanting to move out of your life? This is the first step to change, for we cannot accept the new if we still hold onto the old. Start now!