Last Thursday, I was nominated for this award by Hookupcultures. It took me until Late Sunday to realize there was some work in it for me. Then I needed some time for thinking about which blogs I would nominate (it was super tough!). I was quite a bit hesitant about this until I saw this as an opportunity to give gratitude for some of my favorites!
Thank you so much to Hookupcultures for this nomination! I love her insightfulness and especially that her posts vary in topic from professionalism to relationships (variety is the spice of life and I love it!). Please check her out!
The rules are as follows [a few of which I’m outright breaking…I listed 5 bloggers, didn’t tell them directly and my 7 list is below the bloggers I’ve nominated]:
- Thank the person that nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- List the rules.
- Display the award on your post of the award.
- List seven facts about yourself.
- Nominate 15 bloggers for this award and comment on one of their posts to let them know you have nominated them.
With each person’s candle that is lit,
we are each better able to see.
My Top 5 Nominations:
I hold no bloggers to the fire regarding having to respond. I broke rule #5 by only nominating 5 bloggers and not telling them directly (so you now have a cover, too). There, my confession feels better!
Secrets, Lies and Bare Truths For short stories and journal-like entries of a woman exploring her life with sensuality and humor.
Kosmogonic For Poetry that is alluring, sensual and erotic with science and math, as well as an amazing vocabulary. Usually leaves me spellbound (sometimes reaching for the dictionary). When my poetry grows up, it wants to be like yours!
Peace, Love & Patchouli for poetry that is light-heartening and filled with beautiful imagery
Wandering Chrysippus For an exploration of shame & child sexual abuse from a male perspective
Cream of the Planet for alluring sexual exploration; taking your mind to places you have probably avoided or only gone secretly, maybe shamefully (i encourage you to let go of the shame of your desires)
Seven facts about me:
- I love traveling, but I get motion sick. It sucks.
- Usually a night owl, I’m learning that early mornings can be a great time to write. I’m still not sure who wrote this, none of my friends would believe that it’s me!
- Meditation is one of the best things to happen in my life. It’s so freeing!
- Even with meditation, on some level, my mind is always thinking, analyzing, and connecting things together. Sometimes this is frustrating and exhausting.
- I present more of a tom-boy persona to the world, while inside my mind I’m quite sensuous and can conjure up some sexy MF scenes with little input (see Hot Over Coffee).
- Am I done yet? Ok…I was born on my grandmother’s birthday on a hot day in August. My mom was born on her father’s (and 2 aunt’s) birthdays. My father was born on his father’s birthday. Yeah. Synchronicity?! My children’s due dates were 4 years and 1 day apart. (ok that’s 6+)
- For most of my life, I have felt that I walk in two worlds. With each day, I see this more and more. (I have an upcoming blog about this).
Thank you, again,Hookupcultures for this award!