The act of learning to love ourselves can be a struggle after years of being treated and taught to believe we are “less than” by people in our lives. Like any journey, it begins with the first step. Self-care in simple ways can start the trip.
- How can you take 10 more minutes a day and care for youself in a loving way? Treat yourself the way you want to be treated by others.
- Where do you tell yourself bad things, and what supportive words can you now use, instead? Become your own best friend.
The climb and the dive can seem formidable, yet you are worthy of each movement forward you take in the journey of loving yourself.
- Giving gratitude for each part of you that you appreciate is a very important key. The more you can appreciate you, the quicker you will bloom.
- Finding fun and child-like ways to do things can open your heart more quickly. Here are some ideas:
- I recently painted my nails with glitter polish & have begun using glitter eyeshadow. Think fun!
- Men adding ways to honor their fave superheroes can be fun … And sexy
- Dancing (like no one is watching) while listening to upbeat music when getting ready in the morning. See Beautiful Day
- Finding ways to be silly at work (I have a naughty sense of humor…which I would use with discretion if I were you and your workplace is not open in that way)
It’s only scary because we’ve been taught to fear feeling vulnerable. Yet it is in our softening that we learn to love again.
I have discovered that so often I have been willing to climb mountains and dive the murky depths to help others, yet could not (or would not) take the first step to help myself. With each aspect of myself that I learn to love and appreciate, the more love and compassion I have available to give to others.
A special thank you & shout out to Secret Keeper for being the inspiration behind this post.