People have a hard time letting go of their suffering. Out of a fear of the unknown, they prefer suffering that is familiar. ~ Thich Nhat Hanh
Yesterday, I was basically describing how I felt unsafe being happy in Waiting for the Bottom to Fall Out? For so long my safety zone has been built on a platform of insecurity that “being okay” for more than a few days feels unsafe. Like many, I have struggled with being present as root chakra issues have been a common theme in my life.
For so long I’ve been an escape artist, avoiding being present and feeling. For so long I’ve preferred to worry, plan, rush, rehash old memories and fantasize. All these cerebral activities have kept me from being present. They have kept me from truly feeling. The worst part? They keep me from healing and moving forward.
Rehashing keeps us stuck in our stories and maintaining the status quo.
Moving Forward with Divine Assistance
While I have had many negative church experiences, my spirituality and faith is strong in what may seem a unique way so this may be a turning point for some who eschew religion altogether as well as those who are traditionalists.
Daily and “in the moment” meditations such as this energy raising & Metta meditation help to keep me grounded. To move forward again, I offer up my pain to The Creator for transmutation. To do so, I must first believe that I am worthy of Divine assistance. Then I must ask for what I need help with (this took a long time to understand).
Next I call on Archangels and Ascended Masters to help me. For “big jobs,” I call on a legion of assistants that can include more than I’ve listed here. These are some of my most called upon spiritual heroes with some reasons I call on them. Though they could help with anything, I prefer to call on help based on specialty:
- Archangel Azrael helps with transformation and is a good one to call when someone needs help with transitioning or passing on.
- Archangel Michael assists with cord cutting, protection, speaking your truth and understanding your Divine Life Purpose.
- Archangel Uriel helps with being grounded and present, and also with Divine Life Purpose.
- Archangel Gabriel helps with dealing with strong emotions, especially when you fear you’re going to drown.
- Archangel Raphael opens the heart, heals the body, and helps to overcome addictions.
- Archangel Chamuel helps with opening the high heart, and sends compassionate love to others at your request.
- Lord Ganesha removes obstacles.
- Quan Yin helps when compassion is needed, both for self and others.
- Mother Mary is helpful when nurturing is needed.
- Mary Magdalena helps with speaking and dealing with insecurities regarding your Divine Life Purpose. She also offers nurturing, yet with a calm force behind it. She reminds me of a wave, pushing one to the shore.
- Yeshua ben Yosef or Christ brings light that helps one to see in the darkness.
These are just a few of The Creator’s helpers that are available to assist you, too. As humans have Free Will, Angels and Ascended Masters can only help if you call upon them and they can only assist in the ways you ask of them.
Look at it this way, a plumber isn’t going to fix your roof, much less show up at your house uninvited. You are the contractor of your life. Divine Assistants are then your subcontractors. They can only help out when and where you ask.
So who you gonna call?
May we each find ourselves joyfully on the path that takes us out of our suffering.
Image: the idealist