The little things we do for or against ourselves add up. Listening to and shaking my hips to music while getting ready in the mornings has literally changed the course of my life. (Morning Playlist) Now I face each day with a new welcomeness and openness. It truly gives me a fresh start and an open heart.
Here are some other things that I have found that add to the happiness quotient:
- Essential oils – citrus oils particularly
- Writing even though I’m studying for the biggest test of my life, writing is like breathing to me now.
- Singing and car dancing: personal concert
- Believing you are worthy of better
- Being supportive of others
- Saying supportive things to yourself
- Stopping the inner critic as soon as it starts
- Laughing and telling jokes. Humility
- Feeling the feelings when they come up
- Learning new things
- Blessing everything that you put in or on your body (food, drink, lotions, medicines, supplements)
- Doing what you can do now, even if in smaller bites thus stopping procrastination
- Turning the TV and its constant barrage of negativity off
- Seeing where you punish yourself and stopping that habit
The small things do add up, either for or against us. We each deserve our own love. The more we love ourselves, the more we can love others. So why keep hating & torturing yourself? Go forth and love you, even if it’s in small bits.