Where in life do you settle for less than you are worth?
Here are some areas in life where we often settle:
- Work: compensation, schedule, benefits, job duties, projects
- Continuing education: do you take the less expensive or closer to home courses instead of traveling and following your passions?
- Romantic relationships: taking the safe or available relationship versus waiting for someone better
- Friendships: do your friends know you and accept you for who you are? do you find yourself meeting everyone else’s needs and not your own?
- Purchases: do you only select items that are on sale vs (at least sometimes) paying full price? Do you get what you really want or just what “will do”?
- Self-care: do you really take the time to refuel your soul or do you treat your energy like an ATM for everyone else’s needs? Do you fully invest in your own self-care or do you half-ass it?
- Dreams: do you avoid living your dreams, settling for comfort and safety in daily routines?
Hopefully this list will help you become aware of where you settle for “less than” in life. For you cannot reach your dreams if your hands are filled with other things. What can you do now to step forward into the life you’ve always wanted? Sometimes baby steps are best received when it comes to change. What can you begin to change, today even if in small ways? After all, Rome wasn’t built in one day!