This is a daily mediation that I started about 3 weeks ago. It has been very helpful in keeping me from becoming overwhelmed when things gets tough. Some of my friends and coworkers have mentioned the differences they’ve seen, even without my telling anyone what I’ve been up to.
At least once a day for 5-10 minutes:
- Sit upright with feet flat on the floor or ly down on your back.
- See your body as a vase or vessel, imagine emptying it in the way that feels best for you.
- Usually I visualize the wind emptying out the vessel, and when it’s been “real bad,” I imagine I “flush” the toilet. Yet without water filling back in.
- After emptying out as much as possible, then visualize golden light like liquid sunshine filling your body, pouring in from the top of your head.
- When the vessel is full, begin to see the light radiating outwards from you. Allow the rays to expand as far out from you as you can.
- Call upon this image of a radiating you as you go through your day, especially when things get tough.
Consistency with this exercise increases its effectiveness. There are some days where you may notice it is easier than others.
Go forth and radiate!